Hi Everyone! It’s your chaplain here with some news.
Just a few weeks ago, Bishop Jenkins made a few changes that have effected the Episcopal & ELCA Chaplaincy to Tulane and Loyola. I now am serving as a full-time campus minister to Tulane and Loyola, and my office now is based out of the Chapel of the Holy Spirit. While I will miss parish work at St. George’s, I am very excited to get to spend more time on campus and continuing to build on our successes last year.
While most of the students are gone this summer, things are kind of busy around here! We’re working on a schedule for the Fall, and we’re also in the middle of rehabbing the Chapel House!
Some ideas in the works for our Fall Schedule are:
- to move the Sunday night services to be a bit later in the evening (most likely at 7pm… or maybe 8pm)
- to keep doing rebuild days at least once a month with the Episcopal Diocese of LA’s Rebuild Program
- have a Fall gardening kick-off in September (btw, you should SEE how big the okra has gotten in the garden!)
- keep doing weekly good ol’ D & D (dinner and discussion which will be led by Erin),
- Fall camping retreat anyone?
- kick off a student steering committee
- have an inquires group for people interested in learning about our tradition (probably on Wednesday)
- Daily Prayer at the Chapel
- your ideas?…
Regarding the Chapel House… once I figure out how it works, I’m going to upload some new pictures of renovations in progress!
Blessings of Summer time refreshment to you,
Rev. Giulianna Cappelletti Gray, Episcopal & ELCA Chaplain to Tulane and Loyola (firstname.lastname@example.org)