It’s a throwback to December with pictures of our Advent Lessons and Carols soup and salad feast! It sure was a joyful time and a fun season!
Archive for February, 2011
This past Friday the Chapel, the Tulane Catholic Center, and the Wesley Foundation gathered for the event “Christians breaking bread together”. We had a wonderful time of ecumenical discussion of the Eucharist followed by communion bread baking. Each campus ministry used the bread baked at this event in their celebration of Holy Communion this past Sunday.
Christians Breaking Bread: the meaning of Communion
Friday, Feb 4th
Chapel of the Holy Spirit, 1100 Broadway
*Co-sponsored by the Tulane Catholic Center, the Episcopal Chapel of the Holy Spirit (Episcopal/ELCA Campus Min), and the Wesley Foundation
- Communion Bread Making
- Discuss Similarities and Differences of Communion in Various Christian Traditions
See below for more details!
TODAY! Tuesday Feb 1st: 1st Corinthians Bible study 7pm – In the Chapel House. 7215 Zimpel St, just behind the Chapel in the Yellow house w/ red door. We’ll have a simple supper starting at 6:30pm , followed by discussion of the first four chapters of 1st Corinthians. We’ll close with Compline at 8:15pm. I hope to see you there!
2. Wednesday: Tutoring at All Souls 4:30pm – 7:30pm This is our bi-weekly service opportunity! Email Maddie by Noon wednesday if you plan on helping out. We drive by car over to All Souls, so we need to make sure that we have enough seats! firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Thursday: Centering Prayer 5pm in the Chapel. A time of silent, prayerful practice of the resting in the presence of God.
4. Friday: Missions Lunch Discussion at the Chapel Noon – 1pm Please join us this week as we continue to talk about what it will take for us to go on a mission trip this May. If you’re interested, please join us as we brainstorm and pray.
Friday: Christians Breaking Bread Together – an Exploration of the Eucharistic Feast 1pm-2:30pm at the Chapel. This event is a chance to talk with Christians of other denominations about what this central ritual means to them! Sponsored by the Chapel, The Catholic Center, and the Wesley Foundation.
5. Sunday: 10am Holy Eucharist followed by coffee and sermon discussion
Sunday: 6:30pm Holy Eucharist followed by Supper and fellowship. We’re on to Season 2 of Buffy, so please feel welcome to hang out with us after supper!
5. Next Monday Feb 7: Tutoring at All Souls 4:30-7:30pm Email Andrew Kronfol if you plan on volunteering on Mondays. email@example.com
Please join us!